Future Releases
  • He was quite before. And came back with a wonderful 18.04. Maybe we all - say 50 to hundred users - should drop him a tip (I did so, but years ago).

Just an example - the mail I registered with is no longer working - the same problem LXLE had with some Linux which nearly killed our wonderful distro. Changing in the settings sends you to an endless process - the mail is never changed. So I am stuck with an old one which doesn't exist any longer.
    It was 2-3 years or so I wrote a private message to LXLE and never got an answer - but we got 18.04 :)

So here is hope that all is well. He described why the new developments (like now CPU hungry lubuntu etc) make a 20.04 version not easy.
    Let us check if security is there for what we got - I for one am very happy with LXLE as it is now, and hope support from Linux will stay for quite a while...
  • mhbellmhbell
    PMPosts: 23
    I agree with Klemperer I use LXLE on my Laptop which is 10 years old. Runs great. I just hope LE keeps Updating it. Especially security wise. It is a great distro for old and new computers.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    I've begun working on lxle 20.04.4 not sure the time line until release they're making it increasingly difficult to do respins. LXDE is also committing suicide so I'll attempt to keep this distro alive the best I can.
  • MuhibbijAbadMuhibbijAbad
    PMPosts: 32
    Hey LXLE, you are back. Now I understand that I was just a newbie. Others did reply to me saying that you were always out of forum after major releases, I just didn't believe it.
    Hope you are doing well. It is awesome that you work on 20.04, and yes it is sad that LXDE is comitting suicide, they could have continue to work on it and polish it further.

Wow... It feels so nice to wait for the next release. I wish you creativity, strength and patience. Take care!
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • trinitytrinity
    PMPosts: 20
    lxle,
      Glad that you are back!  Big love!
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • LarryDCLarryDC
    PMPosts: 5
    lxle,
    Right as you told us 20.04. Also just when I'm deciding which distro to put on my 2007 Lenovo T61.  Yours has always been a trouble-free partition on my my multi-distro set up.  Would switching to the LXQT desktop require too much modification?  That is still maintained as far as I know. Perhaps all the QT stuff that it depends on would rule against that?
    Personally, I just use JWM most of the time since it's so simple to configure and it depends on nothing but X.  
    Anyway all the best and I hope the PayPal donation helps some.  
    Be well, Larry
    Quad Core: Intel Core i5-3350P Kernel: 5.2.14 64 bits Mobo: ASUSTeK: P8B75-V; NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 210] driver: nvidia v: 340.108 @ 1920x1080~75Hz; 3 WD HDs: 1TB, 320GB, 160GB
    25 distros bootable but LXLE and Voyager are the only Ubuntus I keep up to date.
    Thanked by 1lxle
  • lxlelxle
    Thanks Larry, much appreciated. QT will in my mind never be 'lightweight'. I also dont' like Snap or Flat package as they too are the opposite of a fine tuned light system. For me gtk and repositories will always be where it's at as far a having a well oiled machine.
  • I'm with you on the Snap & Flat. No surprise on the QT. You really have found some gems in your sources. That Core updater was great.
    What about keepassxc this time around: Data is kept right on the computer. Plus there's a handy Android app that uses the same database.
    As I said before I'd be happy to beta test if it's helpful. I also have an Intel I5 with a Radeon 5450 card that I put LXLE on.
    Be well, Larry
    Quad Core: Intel Core i5-3350P Kernel: 5.2.14 64 bits Mobo: ASUSTeK: P8B75-V; NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 210] driver: nvidia v: 340.108 @ 1920x1080~75Hz; 3 WD HDs: 1TB, 320GB, 160GB
    25 distros bootable but LXLE and Voyager are the only Ubuntus I keep up to date.
  • lxlelxle
    I've been considering keepass inclusion. The issue I'm dealing with right now however seems to be a regression with the ubiquity installer hanging on install while retrieving packages if the internet is enabled. If you disconnect the internet the install goes flawlessly.
  • lxlelxle
    64bit almost ready.