LXLE Eclectica-16.04.1 screen blank
  • See above (nvidia C51 GeForce 6150 LE).  The way nVidia distributes its proprietary drivers for open source systems (i.e., Linux) does require it be built specifically for each distribution.  Nvidia recommends that users obtain their driver from the developers of the various Linux distributions rather than directly from them.  Their package is a self-extracting bash script that includes C source code requiring specific kernel development packages to be installed on the target system.  Successfully running their self-extracting installation script requires everything related to the nouveau driver be disabled (blacklisted) and the X server be shut down before running it--truely a pain in the neck.  It is disconcerting that the driver that comes "(recommended)" in the Eclectica distribution doesn't work and/or isn't built correctly for the system.  I'm recommending someone at LXLE straighten this out.  The other way to get this problem resolved is to get someone to work on fixing the nouveau GPU driver.  Either way, this problem started showing up in LXLE with the Eclectica release.  I was running LXLE 14.04 on the same hardware using one of the many screen saver choices provided (e.g., fontglide) without the mouse pointer disappearing after the screen saver activated.  Guayadeque also worked well in LXLE 14.04 and is broken in Eclectica (see the LXLE forum thread on Guayadeque)--running it brings the system to its knees with load averages exceeding 40).
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    ya, it's a relatively generic driver packaged for Ubuntu by Nvidia or the internal team at Ubuntu for all Ubuntu based distributions not just LXLE specifically.

As you can see there are plenty of issues associated with that particular chip..

uDuck Search Results

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=GeForce+6150+LE+site%3Aubuntuforums.org%2Cforums.linuxmint.com%2Ckubuntufo...