What I miss from LXLE v14 that isn't in v16
  • After installing LXLE version 16.04.2, I feel like it is a bit of a downgrade from a past version of LXLE.

There is no apparent option to control when the screen turns black.  I had to search the forums to find somewhat of a solution, it is complicated, and that just turns off the option of the screen ever turning black, at all.

There are no screen savers.  I liked having a fun screensaver show up after my computer has been idle for after an hour.  My favorite was Pac-man, but I also liked the one with spaceships flying around and shooting missiles at each other.  Screen savers are a fun thing to have on a computer screen, and supposedly they protected computer monitors, somehow.  I still use an ancient monitor that is over a decade old.

I also liked the small box that used to appear at the top right corner of the screen that displayed CPU usage and download / upload rate.  I often looked at the box when browsing web pages & watching online videos to see if things are running smoothly, or to decide to refresh the page.  I miss that box.

Could you please bring these things back in a future version of LXLE?  I miss them.

Also, there is one feature added to this version which I find totally useless: screen locking.  Since I am the only person who uses my PC, there is absolutely zero need to ever lock the screen.  If you're going to have it, please make is simple to disable it.
  • lxlelxle
    PMPosts: 2,656
    sorry... I've been streamlining LXLE for some time now. Getting rid of wasteful resources while trying to have a replacement for them. The new system takes a little getting used to but out of all the respins I've done this one is my favorite... you might want to give the new RC a spin and always be sure to check the help file in the accessories menu as it takes you to the wiki page..