disable lockscreen
  • i just installed LXLE and i wanna turn off the lockscreen... is there a command i can use???
    Thanked by 1Terri
  • pemartinspemartins
    PMPosts: 91
    Go to Menu/Control Menu/Settings/Default Applications for LXSession->Autostart and remove the check before locker, like this:

After you reboot (or at least logout) the it won't load anymore.
  • Ok, cool thanks!
  • It didn't work... what i meant was when the screen goes black after a few minutes?
  • pemartinspemartins
    PMPosts: 91
    You have no idea but that's a tricky one to do, there are a ton of ways to do it but almost none of them work. Here's what works.

Go to Menu/Control Menu/Settings/Default Applications for LXSession->Autostart and enter these commands in the "+Add" line, one by one, and pressing <enter> after each one:
    xset s off
    xset s noblank
    xset -dpms

It will then display like this:

Reboot or at least logout and you'll no longer have the screen blanking after 600 seconds (10 minutes) set by default in the kernel (I think).

---------------

So what did you do? You set some parameters for xset at the start of your session, regarding screensaver, screen blanking and Energy Star settings, in this order.

To check your current xset configuration, open the terminal and type this:
    xset q

You'll then be shown what's set. You can see there these which are the ones you want to change:
    $ xset q
    Screen Saver:
      prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
      timeout:  600    cycle:  600
    DPMS (Energy Star):
      Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0
      DPMS is Enabled
      Monitor is On

After you fallowed the instructions above, if again you type xset -q in the terminal, you'll see that now it has changed to: 
    $ xset q
    Screen Saver:
      prefer blanking:  no    allow exposures:  yes
      timeout:  0    cycle:  600
    DPMS (Energy Star):
      Standby: 600    Suspend: 600    Off: 600
      DPMS is Disabled

So now you can see that there's no blanking, no timeout and DPMS is disabled.

---

In the future if you want to turn them on again, just go to Menu/Control Menu/Settings/Default Applications for LXSession->Autostart and remove all the xset commands you entered.

---

If during a session you wanna turn on some of the settings that you disabled, just enter in the terminal the proper commands following.
    - enable blanking screensaver:
    xset s blank
    - ten minute interval:
    xset s 600 600
    - enable power management:
    xset +dpms

---

For more information you can type xset on the terminal and press <enter>, you'll be shown all the available options.
    Thanked by 1tawna