What is it?
LXLE is based on Lubuntu which is an Ubuntu OS using the LXDE desktop enviroment. LXLE is designed to be a drop in and go OS. Primarily for aging computers. It's intention is to be able to throw it on any computer and leave. At times removing unwanted programs or features is easier than configuring for a day. Our distro follows the same long term support schedule as Ubuntu.
- Stick with LTS only releases of Ubuntu to ensure hardware & software support.
- Based on Lubuntu Linux to ensure a fast capable desktop for aging computers.
- Keep desktop and other major software updated to the latest stable version.
- Provide a complete drop in and go replacement for XP, Vista, 7 Starter/Basic.
- Cover most users everyday needs by providing an excellent set of default apps.
- Add useful necessary mods and tweaks, to improve performance & functions.
- Develop a beautiful modern looking intuitive desktop for anyone to use easily.
- Save system resources and spend them wisely on capable, feature rich apps.
Screenshots, Vids & Reviews
- Our development cycle is quite simple. We stick with LTS releases of Ubuntu/Lubuntu.
- For us, our new versions of LXLE correspond with the updates provided to the LTS release.
- In other words, our versions between LTS releases are the 6 month incremental updates.
- Example: LXLE 12.04.1, 12.04.2, 12.04.3, 12.04.4, etc
The perfect distro for my Thinkpad T42. Works way better than XP ever did and since it does it all I am now free from Win$. Thanks! ~Fred